Monday, July 7, 2008

40 yrs old and still kicking !!

I thought today would be a good day to reflect on being 40 and doing this event.


I obviously believe I am capable and in my heart I know I am more capable than I was at 30 but I will be the first to admit that some days I feel every muscle in my 40 year old body and question the age thing big time...... Not today ~ I watched the Olympic trials this weekend and Dorra Torrez rocked the pool at 41 ~ she looked amazing and I have to tell you I'd give anything to look like her. More than anything she said something that really hit me. You just have to believe. I promise "I BELIEVE !!"


I'm dealing a lot with the emotions of the event ~ I'm scared, I'm nervous and I am doing everything to stay calm between now and the 20th.


At this point in the game it's all about emotion.... how to keep that emotion in check. I have tried each day to just stay positive and believe in the training. To believe in what I have done and how far I have come. Less than 2 weeks to go ...............

No comments: