Sunday, July 13, 2008

1 WEEK to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

As I sit here the countdown is officially on..... 1 week and 18 minutes until the start ......

I have a 40 mile ride today and I opted not to ride with the team. Long drive expensive gas and just wanted to try to sleep in a bit. So I am getting ready to put in my last longer ( funny 40 miles no longer seems long) ride before the race and trying to stay calm and keep to the plan.

The plan is - Have FUN - enjoy this experience and feel the accomplishment !!

I am having fun - yesterday Team Z went to a local Olympic distance race and had about 15
relays as well as 10-12 participants... new Zr's is what we call some of them. For some it was
there 1st triathlon ever and let me tell you how amazing you feel when you finish - no matter how long it takes you you just feel great..... The relay teams were made up of many of out IM
folks... just getting in a last workout and for me trying to remain distracted. I did the swim
part of my team and had a great time. Good distraction for a few hours.

I just looked for race results from my 1st race in 2004 and couldn't find them.... I can't believe
that I didn't keep that time in my scrap book ... there are photos and I know it took a long time ... I also know I was the very last person to cross the finish line .... I just don't have the time ???
I'm guessing that I didn't really want to remember it. Anyway, not a big deal it was just a
curiosity... I know I have come a long ~ long way. I don't need to see my times to prove that.
To date this journey has been amazing. I have made friends that will last me a life time and I
have gained confidence in myself that I may never have found. I know that I can accomplish
anything. I can do it in a triathlon and I can do it in my life. Next Sunday will be the beginning and end of a great journey ~ one that will lead me to new challenges, new triumphs and I am sure new pains !!

" Pain is temporary. Pride is FOREVER !! "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the Team Z ride yesterday and I was wondering where you were! I'm glad you got to sleep in! After leaving the ride "It's a beautiful day" came on the radio, reminding me to send some good energy your way as you gear up for this last week!

YOU CAN DO IT!