Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's 9:30 pm on Sunday the 29th of June - 3 weeks from today at this moment I will be out on the run corse at lake Placid - it will be dark - and I might (ok I will) be trying to find everybit
of strength I have to finish.... I'd like to finish by 11pm but like I have said from day one .....
I want to finsish and if it is 30 sec. before midnight - I still want to finish.....

This week was weird... I started my blog and that really got me thinking so much more about the actual event. Not that I have not thought about it a ton ...... but now I am thinking about the day...the journey the accomplishment and how to get the most of every minute of the experience. This by all accounts will probably be my only ironman so I want to enjoy every minute that I can.

3 weeks - last week was a recovery week and for those of you who have never trained for a endurance event I can tell you - it is much needed rest and exhaustion all at the same time....
all of the sudden 30 minute runs hurt and exhaust you ..... 45 minute flat rides seem like hours or hills.... really you just want to sleep and not do anything. However, you still have to keep to the schedule and suck it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This week is a small build week and then it is all taper to the race.
Monday I will run 60 minutes, Tues. I will ride 60min and swim the same, Wed. run - Thurs - ride and swim again... Friday is our off day ( the 4th of July as well ) Sat we run 2 hrs... for me that is 10 miles and Sun. we ride 60 miles....

I'M WORKING ON MY RACE PLAN THIS WEEK...... WONDERING WHAT I WILL NEED TO DRAW FROM WHEN THE GOING GETS TUFF ??? I DOUBT THAT IS SOMETHING I WILL SHARE PRIOR TO LP BUT WHEN I FINISH I WILL FILL YOU IN.

****** getting more nervous and emotional each day **** I'm scared as hell but I'm told that that is normal and good.... still it is a challange to stay positive and not be overwhelmed.

No comments: